Tuesday 12 August 2008

MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

I'M TWENTY-NINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have to rush - just slept an unprecedented 11 hours last night (went to bed at 7.30pm, I was that knackered) and need to get to work and eat breakfast and drink tea in 15 mins.

A HUGE THANK YOU to all of you for your lovely birthday wishes - I didn't realise I had so many friends. Well, ones who are still talking to me, anyway... It was lovely to receive, especially since I was forced to work over my birthday - grrr.

As for the celebrations, got some people together and went to this gorgeous restaurant up in Kenscoff, in the mountains above PetionVille. It was beautiful but bloody freezing up there - people were warning me to bring a jumper or something but I scoffed at all that. Cold, windy, cloudy - felt really at home. I'm not kidding, it was a great feeling! It is possible to have too much sun and good weather. Anyway, here it is:



And here's me with Brenda - our Kenyen Nutritionist. She tells me that the thirties are where it's at - you apparently get the best sex of your life is in your then. Hmmmnnn.



And for pure comedy value - a vid of us driving back along a very bumpy road...

Gotta drink my tea - will write more this evening.

No comments: