Saturday 23 February 2008

We who are about to die...

Instead of having a nice weekend sleeping in late and relaxing after a pretty hectic week at work, got myself talked into hiking practically all the way from Furcy to Jacmel ie a long way. And did I mention that there's an honest to God mountain in the way?


Just to give you a true picture of how monumentally stupid I am, here is our timetable for weekend:


Sat 23 Feb
0600: depart from office to Furcy (by car 2x)
0730: arrival Furcy and start walking (before taking off...detailed trek info + stretching exercises)
1530: ETA in the Auberge Winnie in Seguin
1600: BIG trekkers lunch
Rest of afternoon = FREE
In the evening a lite dinner will be served


Sun 24 Feb
Early rise
BIG breakfast
0700: start descending to Jackmel (a small packed lunch will be given for this second part)
1400: ETA in Peredot. Here the vehicles will be waiting to drive us (via Marigot) to Hotel de l'Amitie in Ti Mouya)
1415: ETA in Ti Mouyaj and time for a drink, meal and swim
1530: latest possible departure time for PAP/Petion-ville
1800: ETA PAP/Petion-Ville


Where's my weekend lie in? Not to mention long Sunday pub lunch? The guy who wrote the timetable and who will be leading our stretches (we need to fucking stretch beforehand?!) is a crazy Dutch gym freak of a loggie - I mean he actually uses the 24 hr clock and phrases like "ETA" (not even sure what the hell that means...). If he weren't such a cool guy, I'd hate his guts. Actually, scrap that: I do hate his guts as this suckfest is his idea... To add insult to injury, he admitted that he apparently couldn't move for days after doing the same trek last year. Did I mention the bloody mountain?


I'm so dead.


Right folks - better start preparing my last meal. Bought loads of chocolate - I mean of the expensive Swiss kind: if I'm going to meet my ancestors, need the endolphins.

No comments: