Monday 7 January 2008

Haiti? Hell, yeah...

After a bit of a wobble yesterday (well, last few weeks actually) - feeling a whole lot better today after my first day's training. OK, there are a huge number of issues in the Haiti mission but none of them unsolvable. And in some perverse way, it kind of makes me feel less overwhelmed by it all: I mean, if the place was run completely perfectly with completely perfect people in their completely perfect little world, you'd have found me curled up round my pillow wimpering "what am I doing here, I don't belong here, I'm a creep, I'm a wino..."
I obviously can't function around functional people.

Also got a first phonecall from Inland Revenue after almost two weeks of chasing. Fucking lazy layabouts: all they're bloody good for is stiffing you up and losing confidential databases in the post: when it comes to actually helping members of the public pay them money, that's obvioulsy far too much to ask.

On that note, here's today's gratuitous photo. This is what I want waiting for me in my hotel room after a hard day's work:


There's just something about that bit of skin just above the opening of Richard Amitage's shirt that's difficult to look away from. And his eyes...

Ahem. Excuse me for a moment.

No comments: